Everything Apple!
Welcome.

-Jason Tate, E.A. Founder

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Everything Apple!
Welcome.

-Jason Tate, E.A. Founder
Everything Apple!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

I forgot my password

Poll
Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 34 on Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:48 am
Statistics
We have 68 registered users
The newest registered user is vaylegrati

Our users have posted a total of 399 messages in 93 subjects
Advertisments
Advertisements #2

HOW TO FORCE YOU IDEVICE INTO RECOVERY MODE(FOR NEWBIES)

2 posters

Go down

HOW TO FORCE YOU IDEVICE INTO RECOVERY MODE(FOR NEWBIES) Empty HOW TO FORCE YOU IDEVICE INTO RECOVERY MODE(FOR NEWBIES)

Post by iJasonTATE Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:25 pm

How to force you iDevice into DFU andRecovery Mode(for newbies)
Let's say iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad an you do not know what to do. Well, there s a way to force your device to be recognized by iTunes, it is called recovery mode. Recovery mode can also be used to solve alot of software issues your iDevice might be having(check my sig). I'm posting this because in the past I have come across alot of people who are not sure how to do this. Now I'm going to guide you step by step through two different methods of doing this, the regular method and the alternate method.

Regular Method

1. Power you device off(hold the Headset button until a red slider appears at the top of your screen, once it does, slide it to power your device off.)
2. Hold the Headset button for 3 seconds
3. Then hold down the Home button without releasing the Headset button
4. Now release the Headset button and continue holding the home button until this message pops up in iTunes:
5. Now just restore and you should be GOLDEN

~Now, if you get any weird errors that do not look like the one depicted above, go ahead and try the "Alternate Method"

Alternate Method

Really easy way to do it, just requires the Home button.

1.Make sure iPhone, iPod touch or iPad is completely powered off.
2.Hold the home button while its off.
3.While holding the Home button, connect the charge/sync cable. The iPod, iPad, or iPhone should power on.
4.Keep holding the Home button.
5.The Connect to iTunes image should come up.
6. Congratulations! Your in recovery mode

Hope this helps some of you guys and gals!

By: Jason Tate

Last edited by Jay.Admin on Wed Aug 17, 2011 2:35 pm; edited 2 times in total
iJasonTATE
iJasonTATE
Administrator
Administrator

https://everythingapple.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

HOW TO FORCE YOU IDEVICE INTO RECOVERY MODE(FOR NEWBIES) Empty Re: HOW TO FORCE YOU IDEVICE INTO RECOVERY MODE(FOR NEWBIES)

Post by gonnerterry Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:10 am

iJasonTATE wrote:How to force you iDevice into DFU and iPhone Recovery Mode(for newbies)
Let's say iTunes is not recognizing your iPhone, iPod touch, or iPad an you do not know what to do. Well, there s a way to force your device to be recognized by iTunes, it is called recovery mode. Data Recovery mode can also be used to solve alot of software issues your iDevice might be having(check my sig). I'm posting this because in the past I have come across alot of people who are not sure how to do this. Now I'm going to guide you step by step through two different methods of doing this, the regular method and the alternate method.

Regular Method

1. Power you device off(hold the Headset button until a red slider appears at the top of your screen, once it does, slide it to power your device off.)
2. Hold the Headset button for 3 seconds
3. Then hold down the Home button without releasing the Headset button
4. Now release the Headset button and continue holding the home button until this message pops up in iTunes:
5. Now just restore and you should be GOLDEN

~Now, if you get any weird errors that do not look like the one depicted above, go ahead and try the "Alternate Method"

Alternate Method

Really easy way to do it, just requires the Home button.

1.Make sure iPhone, iPod touch or iPad is completely powered off.
2.Hold the home button while its off.
3.While holding the Home button, connect the charge/sync cable. The iPod, iPad, or iPhone should power on.
4.Keep holding the Home button.
5.The Connect to iTunes image should come up.
6. Congratulations! Your in recovery mode

Hope this helps some of you guys and gals!

By: Jason Tate
Rename the "hosts" file in C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc to "hosts.bak", update iTunes to the latest, restart your computer, put your device in Pwned DFU mode, and click "Restore" in iTunes. If this doesn't work, try on a different computer.

gonnerterry
Apple Noob!
Apple Noob!

Back to top Go down